Fire Outbreak At Osun INEC Office


fire

There was a fire outbreak at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office, Oke-Iresi, Ede South Local Government Area of Osun State.

It was gathered that the fire at the INEC office started in the early hours of Thursday and it took the intervention of the Osun State Fire Service to contain the blaze and prevent the fire from spreading to other offices.

It was also revealed that the fire was started by unknown persons who used bread soaked in petrol.

The incident has been confirmed by Festus Okoye, INEC National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee and the Osun Resident Electoral Commissioner, Dr Mutiu Agboke.

In a signed press statement, Okoye disclosed that the Nigerian Police and other security agencies have been informed of the incident and have commenced a full investigation.

Some of the exhibits recovered from the scene which the firefighters displayed include leftovers of the bread bomb, a face cap and a gallon of petrol.

A similar thing also happened in Ogun state, and it was almost the same style too. Bread were soaked in petrol to carry out the act.

There is love in Sharing

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*